Shouldn’t there be more to life than which brand of cereal to buy or choosing which TV shows to DVR?
Life matters… and you only get one shot at it. So instead of trudging through the trivial and muddling through the mundane, take the leap. Ask BIG questions. Questions about life, about love and hope. Be courageous and explore the mysteries of WHY, WHAT & HOW as they relate to Existence & Values, Dreams & Mysteries!
Here’s a BIG question… WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD? In other words,
WHAT IS YOUR BIG DREAM?
Don’t answer fast… let it roll around in your soul for a bit. Mull on it. Sleep on it… maybe for a few days.
Be daring… be grand, but be specific; and remember, some really smart guy once said, “A dream without a plan is just a dream. A dream with a plan may become a reality.”, so how are you going to make it happen?
- “I want to have a successful marriage” is a nice experience to strive for, but it’s not grand, and it’s surely not specific.
- “I will find a way in every day to touch the soul of my spouse thru my actions or words; my goal will be to surprise her and remind her that I don’t love her as much as I did yesterday… I love her more.”
Is that sinking in?
- “I want to learn to scuba dive.” Sounds like fun, but couldn’t you dream a little bigger?
- “I want to learn to scuba dive so that I can dive at the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia!” That’s big!
Still not sure about what it means to dream big?
- “I want to help fight world hunger” is a passionate dream, but what are YOU gonna do about it?
- “I want to help fight world hunger by adopting several people per year through Compassion International”; OR “I want to fight world hunger by adopting a needy child to come live with me.”
Marcel Proust said, “If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time.”
So what’s your BIG DREAM?